“Donors support us because we are a unique theatre - a home to remarkable artists and plays.”
Jermyn Street Theatre was founded in 1994. A registered charity No. 1186940, with no core funding from government or the Arts Council, it has survived and thrived ever since thanks to a mixture of box office sales and the kind support of individual patrons and trusts and foundations. In 2017, we became the West End’s newest and smallest producing theatre. Around 60% of our income comes from box office sales, and the rest in charitable support.
Do join our Friends to enjoy a range of benefits including priority booking and exclusive behind-the-scenes access.
Donors support Jermyn Street Theatre because they know this is a unique theatre in the heart of the West End: a home to remarkable artists and plays, performed in the most intimate and welcoming of surroundings.
How does my donation help?
- £100 helps maintain our brilliant air conditioning.
- £200 hires two period costumes for a short run.
- £300 pays for three visits from a fight director, to keep stage combat safe.
- £400 helps to replace our remaining lights with new LED lanterns, which are more environmentally friendly.
- £500 is £500. You knew that.
- £600 pays for six actors to rehearse or perform for a day, includes holiday pay, under the terms of Equity contract.
- £700 contributes to writers’ commissioning fees. Over the past two years, ten of our plays were published internationally.
- £800 helps to develop new plays. Over the past two years, we produced eight world premieres.
- £900 pays for a trilogy day of three performances. In 2018 we produced the nine Noel Coward plays of Tonight at 8.30, together in London for the first time since 1936.
- £1000 pays for a stage or production manager for a fortnight.
- £1100 pays for a raised wooden floor on a set.
- £1200 hires a professional rehearsal studio for twelve days.
How to donate
- Join our Friends and enjoy priority booking from as little as £6.25 a month.
- Write a cheque payable to Jermyn Street Theatre and post it to us together with this donate by debit/credit card on the Support-form-word-doc-2022 and email it to Penny Horner.
- Make a bank transfer directly to us – JERMYN STREET THEATRE (Metro Bank), Account No: 19411346 / Sort Code: 23-05-80 with the reference ‘Prospero’, and email the Gift Aid Form Support-form-word-doc-2022
- to discuss a larger financial donation, please email our Artistic Director.
- An accessible version of the Gift Aid/Support Form PDF in Word.docx format is here. Support-form-word-doc-2022
- OR if you wish to make a general donation, please click here.
If you love our theatre, please consider remembering us in your will. If you already have a will, your solicitor can add a ‘codicil’. Your gift might help pay for scenery, to commission a new play, or to fund a young actor’s first job. If you would like your legacy to support a particular aspect of our work, please speak to our Artistic or Executive Directors.
Many companies match donations made by employees with a corporate contribution. These schemes can make your donation go even further at Jermyn Street Theatre.
Contact your company’s HR Department or Company Secretary to see if your company runs a matched giving scheme.